Richard H. (“Rick”) Young
A former Naval Aviator, Richard Young, has been helping individuals and small business owners with their investment and financial objectives since 1993. Rick specializes in helping clients create successful outcomes for their retirement needs and providing ongoing review and monitoring to help accomplish client goals.
Rick was born and raised in Dunwoody, Georgia prior to attending The Citadel, where he earned a B.S. in Business Administration. Upon graduation, Rick earned his designation as a Naval Aviator after attending flight school in Pensacola, FL and Corpus Christi, TX. After the Navy, Rick and his wife of twenty-three years, Dawn, settled on Amelia Island, FL, where they raised their family of nine children and built his business.
Community and civic minded, Rick served on the board of directors for several organizations and helped to establish a local citizen’s group for family affairs in Fernandina Beach. He has been active in his local church as a deacon and teaching elder, and currently worships at Free Chapel in Gainesville, Ga. Rick enjoys family activities, along with camping, hiking, hunting, and competition pistol shooting with several of his children.
Rick is in his twenty-second year of being a financial advisor and prior to joining Private Client Advisory was registered with LPL Financial since 1999. Rick is a Financial Advisor and Investment Advisor Representative through the Strategic Financial Alliance, Inc. Rick’s practice includes services to qualified retirement plans and retirement income planning. He recently earned a professional designation from fi360 as a Professional Plan Consultant to help develop and maintain this proficiency.
Beyond the Bio
- What’s your favorite thing about your work?
- The thing I enjoy most is seeking to help clients realize successful outcomes for their goals and dreams.
- What is a word or phrase that describes your view of finances?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- Hiking, camping, competition pistol shooting, hunting, enjoying outdoors with family, ministry.
- Who is someone you look up to (outside of the financial world)?
- Dietrich Bonhoffer
- What is a “win” for you?
- Seeing clients experience joy and happiness with their families through good stewardship of their assets (time, talent, and treasures).