John Sulhoff has almost two decades of learning and experience in the financial services industry. A graduate of Lee University with a B.S. in Business, John became FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 and 24 registered in 2001, and joined the practice the same year. He and his wife, Melissa, live in Cumming, GA along with their two daughters.
John completed the rigorous requirements to earn certification as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. He is passionate about helping people solve their financial problems through an understanding of stewardship, and making complex issues easy to understand.
John is responsible for the day to day management of Private Client Advisory in addition to extensive and ongoing economic, investment, and personal finance research.
A self-ascribed nerd, John loves the planning, number-crunching, and data-driven aspects of financial planning. He appreciates the intimacy and honesty that stems from a truly fruitful client experience.
In addition to all things financial, he enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, fishing, serving in his local church and community, and running an annual 5K.
Beyond the Bio
- What’s your favorite thing about your work?
- “I love it when a plan comes together.” – Hannibal from the A-Team
- What I mean is that sometimes people come to us in a state of worry or wondering or confusion, then we put together a plan, and sometimes we can actually see a physical difference in someone—our goal is that they have more confidence. That is really fun.
- What is a word or phrase that describes your view of finances?
- “Wise stewardship.”
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- Hike Sawnee Mountain, fish for trout or pretty much anything as long as it’s with my wife and two girls.
- Who is someone you look up to (outside of the financial world)?
- My pastor, Andy Stanley. My younger brother, David, who serves in the Air Force. And I promise I’m not pandering here, but my wife, Melissa, is amazing.
- What is a “win” for you?
- In my position, a win for me is a well-respected wealth management practice that is successful because of advisors and staff who all share the same commitment to excellence in how we deliver financial planning, advice and accountability to our clients.